We're looking for a highly motivated employment law solicitor to join a growing employment department in the North West. The Law firm is known for their ethical approach, innovative use of technology and our commitment to all their customers and colleagues.
The practice is looking for an employment solicitor who can provide outstanding client care across a varied and complex case load. In this role, it'll be up to you to use your professional expertise and experience to reach speedy and constructive resolutions to legal issues for your clients, whilst minimizing risk. The client base is heavily weighted towards unions and needs someone who is open to a lot of client contact.
- provide advice to clients around employment law matters via phone, email and letter, and on occasion face to face meetings via Teams
- draft ET1 claim forms and grounds of claim
- handle disclosure and compile documents for hearings in tribunal and county court
- take and draft witness statements
- conduct preliminary hearings
- advise and represent clients in settlement agreements and negotiations
- conduct a range of claims including unfair dismissal, breach of contract, unlawful deductions as well as complex claims when required (e.g. discrimination, equal pay, whistleblowing and TUPE)
- manage workload effectively making sure that deadlines are met, and case progression is clear
- attend court and conduct advocacy
This role would suit people who have:
- post qualification experience as a solicitor
- experience in contentious employment law
- the ability to build meaningful professional relationships with a range of people
- the ability to comfortably use a case management system, and good general IT skills
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- excellent attention to detail
For more information please contact Robert Addy on 0114 2418030 or click apply today for more details.
Apply for Employment Solicitor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly