Senior Associate / Associate – Banking & Finance (Offshore Law Firm, Singapore)
Magic Circle offshore law firm is recognised as having one of the premier offshore finance practices and are actively looking to add a high calibre Associate/Senior Associate to their very busy Singapore team.
Covering an extremely diverse spectrum of British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Bermuda law-related finance transactions, our client is looking to hire a candidate with a strong general banking background and strong Chinese language skills. The role offers an exciting opportunity to a committed, ambitious individual to take a prominent within the group, regularly leading transactions from start to finish with light partner supervision, working closely with clients and onshore counsel. Applicants should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Personally ambitious, hard-working team player.
- Circa 5 to 7 years post-qualification experience in banking and finance gained at a leading onshore or offshore firm. England and Wales, BVI, Cayman Islands and/or Bermuda admitted.
- Solid legal knowledge of financing and security documentation, structures and law, ideally obtained from training and deal experience at a leading Singapore, international or offshore law firm.
- Keen to be involved in business development activities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and strong Chinese language skills required. Solid academics.
- Ideally experience of working in Singapore and/or Hong Kong with a good network of existing contacts would be an advantage.
The successful applicant will be given immediate responsibility and opportunity to develop relationships with established and new clients. There is clear career progression available in addition to a competitive remuneration package.
For more information on this and other opportunities we have with offshore law firms internationally, please forward your details in confidence to email@example.com or apply directly via this website.