Regulatory Analyst - Remote
The Regulatory Analyst position will support the Legal, Risk and Compliance Function within a fast-growing mobile payments business. This function develops and provides oversight of AML/CFT, sanctions, risk management, licensing and strategic compliance matters for the firm.
As part of the Legal, Risk and Compliance team, you will play a critical role in supporting and strengthening the firms' regulatory relationships, working closely with Executives to help shape their vision and regulatory affairs strategy as the firm continues to grow. This means ensuring regulators are kept informed, managing regulatory requests and educating colleagues on the regulatory landscape.
The role sits in the second line as part of the Legal, Risk and Compliance team, and will report to the UK/EU Head of LRC.
- Supporting the UK/EU LRC team to manage regulatory licensing obligations for UK and European entities.
- Supporting new Licences development.
- Monitoring and responding to regulatory change, providing guidance and working with the wider Legal, Risk and Compliance team to develop and maintain compliance policies and controls to reflect the relevant regulatory standards.
- Managing regulatory engagement calendar and meeting record keeping.
- Owning the governance and tracking of regulatory deliverables, deadlines and activities ensuring stakeholders are held accountable.
- Taking responsibility for the preparation, submission and management of regulator submissions.
- Working with subject matter experts in Legal, Risk and Compliance and across the business to coordinate and prepare for regulatory visits.
- Collaborating with internal risk management teams (AML, Risk) to identify steps necessary to mitigate regulatory risks and provide those recommendations to business partners in the form of clear requirements.
- Preparing for and facilitating regulator meetings, reviews and requests. Preparation includes working closely with Executives and stakeholders throughout the business to advise them on how best to meet regulatory expectations.
- Understanding and communicating the regulatory reporting control framework across first and second lines of defence.
- Conveying industry best practice and regulatory expectations relating to regulatory reporting.
- Responding to regulatory developments and proposing amendments to the Control framework where appropriate.
- Proven experience in a regulatory role at a UK regulated financial services firm or a financial services consulting firm.
- Have knowledge of PRA and/or FCA handbooks and supervisory obligations.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree. An advanced degree preferred, and certification(s) from professional bodies relevant to the financial services sector will be advantageous.
- An understanding of managing relations with important external stakeholders.
- Be a driven self-starter. The successful candidate will be joining a dedicated, hardworking team collectively motivated by their mission and vision. The successful individual will enjoy collaborating as a team and be able to work independently with changing priorities.
For a confidential chat about this or other roles please contact Matt Pollard in the Jameson Legal London office. firstname.lastname@example.org
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit www.jamesonlegal.com
Apply for Regulatory Analyst - Remote
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly