Private Client Associate - 2 PQE+, Berkshire
New! - our client are a leading Legal 200 firm with an excellent reputation for their Chambers-rated Private Client practice who frequently advise on high-profile, and high-value, matters including complex estate administration; offshore trusts; tax concerns and wills and probate issues. Due to expansion within the team, a unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced Private Client Associate (2 PQE+) to join their Chambers-rated team in Reading and play an integral role in the future development of the practice.
A Private Client Solicitor is required to join this busy Succession & Tax team in Reading (ranked Tier 1 in the Legal 500), which serves the wider Thames Valley region.The post holder will be required to deal with Wills and Probate matters as well as other Private Client work. You will therefore have an interest in dealing with complex files and will have experience of and typically be involved in the following:
- Preparation of Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney for UK based and international clients.
- Estate planning (including lifetime and post-death planning), to cover advice on inheritance tax, capital gains tax and income tax and the creation of lifetime trusts
- Obtaining grants of probate or letters of administration and administering estate, including foreign domicile, re-sealing of grants and intestate estates
- Preparing deeds of variation, deeds of gifts and deeds of family arrangement
- Providing trust advice particularly around setting up, management and administration with reference to the firm's dedicated Trust Administration team (as required)
Skills & Experience
A position exists for a technically strong, personable and ambitious lawyer, looking to pursue a career in this private client team. The successful candidate will join one of the top ranked personal tax and trust teams in the South East outside London.
The Personal Tax, Trusts & Charities team consists of seven partners and sixteen other lawyers/advisers and is highly rated in both Chambers and Partners and the Legal 500. A number of partners and lawyers in the team are recommended as leaders in their field, and the team has recently won two national awards. The team’s clients are spread throughout the UK and overseas and include clients in the Sunday Times Rich List.
The Personal Tax, Trusts & Charities team undertakes the full spectrum of private client work, key areas being:
- Succession planning through Wills and trusts, including international/cross border estate planning
- All aspects of inheritance tax, capital gains tax, and income tax planning as they apply to individuals and trusts
- Probate and administration of estates and trusts, including domestic and international estates
- Planning for non-UK domiciled clients and non-UK trusts
- Tax planning for entrepreneurs and business owners
- Establishing charities and providing advice to charities
You will ideally have trained with a highly regarded city, regional or national firm with excellent academics. This is a genuine opportunity to progress your career with a top-tier practice and work with leaders in their field. Whether the end client require advice on legal and tax structuring for business and investments, family and business governance, tax and estate planning, or, help with a vulnerable person, the firm deliver tailored solutions to meet a specific need.
- Ideally 2 PQE+ with a sound and solid background in wills and probate and experience of running independent caseloads
- Strong technical competence and intellectual ability (STEP qualification preferred)
- Confident and personable approach, with excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
You can also expect to work closely with a number of business families advising on existing structures set up for the management and governance of the family business, its interaction with family trusts and associated estate planning measures.
An excellent financial package is on offer + career progression.
To apply, please submit your CV via the link below or contact: email@example.com