How do you verify real people in the digital world? Onfido helps companies see real identity – the humans behind the screens – using world-leading AI and identity experts. Our solutions enable customers to prove their identities, wherever they are, with just an ID and their face. So companies have everything they need to grow their businesses securely.
Our AI-based technology assesses whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compares it against their facial biometrics. That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Bunq and Remitly the assurance they need to onboard customers remotely and securely.
Onfido is scaling rapidly and we’re looking for a talented Contracts Manager to join our London team. Reporting to one of our Legal Counsels, your mission is to support the Growth (Sales) teams with commercial contracting and be responsible for updating and ensuring consistent use of Onfido’s contract templates. You’ll also work closely with our Legal Operations Manager to implement best-in-class processes, and support legal projects and initiatives across a range of topics.
Throughout, you’ll collaborate with hugely talented legal colleagues (currently 7 lawyers and 1 Legal Operations Manager) and work with a supportive and encouraging team lead. As the first contracts manager hire to the team, this is a unique opportunity to help shape our legal approach as we continue to expand and contribute towards our wider commercial strategy.
Please note we will consider candidates based anywhere in the UK who wish to work on a fully-remote basis
As a Contracts Manager at Onfido you will have these key responsibilities:
- Manage and update our B2B customer, partner and supplier templates Help our Growth (Sales) team with contract preparation and review and negotiate NDAs, trial agreements and contract amendments
- Provide guidance to the business on contract processes, legal resources and internal policies
- Work closely with the Legal Operations Manager on contract automation matters and driving efficiencies within legal processes
- Provide support for ongoing and ad-hoc legal projects such as supplier audits, new product launches and privacy initiatives
- Contribute towards Onfido’s legal resources, playbooks and training programmes
- Be responsible for day-to-day administrative tasks such as non-standard contract signatures, legal vendor invoicing and sending legal communications to customers
We’re looking for a Contracts Manager who can display the below skills & experience throughout our interview process:
- 2+ years’ experience as a paralegal or contracts manager, with at least 1 year’s experience in-house
- Bachelor’s degree Solid commercial contract experience (including drafting and negotiating)
- Experience managing and prioritizing a varied workload with competing deadlines
- Excellent project management and organizational skills; you can work with high contract volumes and keep calm under pressure
- Strong team player and can-do approach; no job is too big or too small
- Great at building relationships with internal stakeholders and managing expectations
- Keen attention to detail and first class communication skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic business
- Familiar with contract management tools and skilled in MS Office and/or Google Suite
It would also be great to see the following
- Postgraduate law qualification (LPC or equivalent)
- Prior experience or interest in developing legal operations skills
- Prior experience within a high-growth technology company
Onfidoer’s share a set of core values and want to hear from you if you believe in:
> Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first
> Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes
> Creating customer buzz; you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus
> Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others
> Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better
Along with our multi-national team in our London HQ we have offices in EMEA, America and APAC, making Onfido an exciting and culturally enriching place to work.
Personal hyper-growth requires a fast-moving environment, a clear career development plan and—crucially—looking after ourselves.
Onfido Balance is the toolkit we’ve developed to succinctly communicate our benefits offering:
> Our Body benefits prioritise health, wellbeing, exercise and recovery.
> Our Head benefits are focussed heavily on learning whatever your learning style, mental wellness and flexible working.
> Our Heart benefits are framed around sharing our success with our peers, our local communities and our future selves in the form of equity, corporate social responsibility and better togetherness.
Check out Life at Onfido via our LinkedIn Careers Page!
Please note: Onfidoers are all working from home for the time being. We also have switched to a virtual recruitment process and all our Newfidos will be onboarding remotely. Stay Safe!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.