CDD Compliance Analyst - Brighton
There is an exciting opportunity with a fast-growing international financial services Fintech, who are looking for people that can grow within their expanding business. This CDD/KYC role is based in Brighton.
The primary function of this role is to protect the company from exposure to financial crime.
As a Compliance Analyst, your role will be to monitor and review card activity and raise suspicious activity reports to the NCA or equivalent. You will also review and update customer and client due diligence, ensuring strict adherence to the firms KYC policies and procedures, and Anti Money Laundering (AML) compliance requirements.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Conducting ongoing transaction monitoring to ensure the business is protected from financial crime
- Mastering various compliance platforms and systems to streamline department workflow
- Identifying suspicious activity, and following process to report these where required
- Completing CDD and EDD (onboarding & regular) of clients
- Monthly Compliance monitoring
- Involvement in the development of new systems to improve efficiency
- Involvement in the delivery of compliance projects to ensure technical excellence and a practical, business driven approach
- Staying updated by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications
- Conducting client remediation file reviews
- Responding to queries from various business units promptly and efficiently
- Supporting the delivery of compliance training to new members of the department
- Working closely with the Head of Compliance to identify any major issues in relation to compliance
Key Skills Required:
- Good communication/interpersonal skills - written, verbal and excellent telephone manner with the ability to work with stakeholders at all levels
- Attention to detail
- Information gathering
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Numeric ability to understand and interpret figures
- Minimum 18 months working within financial services industry ideally linked to cards and payments
- A working and current understanding of Fraud and AML typologies within financial services
- A good understanding of risk and the three lines of defence
- Professional Qualifications or studying towards professional qualifications such as the those offered by ACAMS/the International Compliance Association, i.e. Certificate in Anti Money Laundering, Certificate in Financial Crime Prevention, Advanced Certificate in Anti Money Laundering
For a confidential chat about this or other roles please contact Matt Pollard in the Jameson Legal London office. email@example.com
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit www.jamesonlegal.com