My client is looking for a mid level ECM lawyer to join its team in London reporting directly to the Head of Legal in a wide ranging and varied role where you will be involved in all aspects of the business.
In this role you will be primarily working with the Investment Banking division, however there will be exposure to all aspects of the company including their equities, sales and trading desks. You will be joining a legal team of 4 with immediate exposure to senior bankers in the business requiring you to work with a very commercial mindset. A large part of the role will be spent with a growing team in IB business whose focus is on assisting private companies, start ups and foreign companies looking to expand into the UK.
- Provide legal execution, advice and expertise in relation to transactions and ongoing relationships within IB including the conduct of/participation in negotiations concerning legal and regulatory matters and documentation;
- Provide advice and support in respect of legal, regulatory and structural aspects of transactions and other business activities to IB transaction team members as appropriate;
- Provides additional legal resource and support to the General Counsel as required from time to time in relation to corporate, governance, regulatory, M&A, principal investments and legal matters and projects affecting the business group of companies;
- Work with external counsel and IB on transactions in relation to contractual agreements to which the business is a party;
- Review IB transactional legal documentation to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory policies and internal policies.
This role is best suited to a lawyer with at least 3 years of experience from an ECM background looking for a wide ranging role which will allow you to work very closely with the business. Experience in corporate advisory work, M&A transactions and investment banking would all be beneficial.
If you are keen to discuss the details of this fantastic and wide ranging role, please click to apply.
As part of EJ Legal’s candidate registration and care process all successful applications are responded to within 14 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We may keep your details on our system on a confidential basis for future opportunities. If you would prefer us not to do this, please let us know.
Apply for ECM Lawyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly