Corporate Compliance Officer
This Corporate Compliance Officer role is offered by a British aviation business, the role is based in Farnborough and can offer flexible working if desired. The organisation has an international presence, although this role focuses on UK operations.
This part time Corporate Compliance Officer role is based in Farnborough and is responsible for:
Responsible for ensuring that the Company follows all relevant legal and internal guidelines. Duties will include developing Company policies, providing advice on compliance, monitoring compliance and managing instances of policy violations.
The role requires the successful candidate to be articulate, analytical, have experience working in a corporate/professional organisation and to have a strong background in risk management and corporate compliance requirements, rules and legislation.
- Develop/prepare, maintain and regularly review and update Company policies as is appropriate and required
- Implement and manage an effective legal compliance programme, ensuring compliance with the UK Corporate Governance Code, Companies Act, Listing Regime, Takeover Code, AML, Bribery Act, Slavery Act and other relevant legislation applicable to the Company. Provide guidance and leading the delivery of statutory compliance support as required including the preparation of detailed assessments and reports on specific areas of compliance with laws and regulations and leading the development of statutory compliance processes and procedures to reflect best practice and improve efficiency
- Lead the bi-annual Risk Register process through to the creation of the plc Board output. Assess Company operations and business activities to determine key areas of Company risk and exposure, track progress of mitigating actions in progress and escalate and help manage key areas of concern as is required
- Create, promote and role model a robust internal controls environment and monitor adherence to them
- Regularly stress test and audit Company procedures, practices and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risks. Where issues are identified create and manage effective and timely action plans to resolve
- Lead the creation and delivery of the Company's compliance training programs and ensure all employees are educated to an appropriate standard on the key regulations and required business practices
- Provide a supportive resource for employees to share their concerns and increase their knowledge about legal compliance
- Building strong working relationships with all departments, collaborate with senior business leaders as well as with external auditors and the Legal, Finance and HR teams
This part time Corporate Compliance Officer role is based in Farnborough and requires:
- Proven experience as a Corporate Compliance Officer / Manager in a plc environment
- Good knowledge of legal requirements and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written communication skills
- Analytical with strong attention to detail
- BSc/BA in law, finance, business administration or a related field (a professional certification e.g. Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP)) is desirable)
Please enquire for full details, this part time role is 20 hours per week and offers a competitive package.