Legal Counsel - Corporate
A leading Financial Services organisation is looking to recruit a Legal Counsel for a 12-month contract based in London. You will be a UK qualified Solicitor (or commonwealth equivalent) and will have at least 6 months experience working in a banking/finance/capital markets team either during your training contract or post qualification.
The role will suit a Junior lawyer (NQ+) looking to develop your experience in a collegiate team offering excellent quality work.
You will be providing first line support to internal teams and will have regular exposure to senior stakeholders within the business. You will work closely with the wider legal team and will be involved in interesting and varied work.
To be responsible to the Manager of the Corporate team and be involved in a broad variety of work to include Corporate, Finance and Regulatory work. This will include:
- With support from the Manager of the Corporate Team, provide accurate, timely, pragmatic and commercial risk-based legal advice on all legal, corporate and regulatory matters raised by internal departments
- With support from the Manager of the Corporate Team or external counsel, assisting with drafting, negotiating, reviewing and advising on a wide variety of corporate and finance contracts.
- Provide legal and regulatory advice to senior management and committees.
- Drafting, negotiating, reviewing and advising on a wide range of documentation for internal departments for both internal and external use, including byelaws, regulations, market guidance and contractual documentation.
- Manage the requirements and expectations of clients/stakeholders on matters and projects including cross-directorate and cross-market projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- With agreement and support from the Manager of the Corporate Team, instruct and manage outside firms of solicitors and other external advisers where appropriate
The team offers excellent training and support and will ensure that you have a genuine involvement in the business. The role will suit a dynamic and proactive lawyer, looking for their first In-House role or a lawyer already In-House looking for their next challenge!
You will have trained and qualified at a top City Law firm or a highly regarded in house organisation and will have gained a minimum of 6 months experience within a banking, finance or capital markets team.
As part of EJ Legal’s candidate registration and care process all successful applications are responded to within 14 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We may keep your details on our system on a confidential basis for future opportunities. If you would prefer us not to do this, please let us know.