Corporate Solicitor to join leading practice
An exciting opportunity for an ambitious corporate solicitor to join this leading corporate practice recognised for the quality of their transactional and advisory work.
It acts for an impressive client base of national and international businesses, private equity houses and venture capital firms and has particular expertise in retail, technology and insurance/financial services.
The Corporate group advises on a broad range of high-profile UK and crossborder mergers, acquisitions and disposals (both public and private) as well as IPO’s and offerings of securities on the Official List and AIM and private placements.
The successful candidate will undertake a broad caseload acting
on a variety of corporate transactions, including public and private M&A, IPOs, offers of securities, private equity and other third party investment into private companies and joint ventures. This will entail
- Drafting and, as appropriate, negotiating related transaction documents.
- Assisting with disclosure and due diligence processes, reviewing corporate documents, compiling relevant reports
- Advising on the key transaction documentation for asset and share sale and purchase agreements for transactions of varying value levels.
- Undertaking corporate reorganisations, restructuring work, and putting in place documentation to reflect a range of business ownership structures, such as shareholders' agreements, LLP members' agreements and partnership agreements.
- Assisting on investment advisory mandates, negotiating shareholder agreements, share rights agreements, co-investment agreements, drafting, negotiating constitutional documents, and ancillary related documentation.
- Delivering advice to clients on general corporate issues, company law and company secretarial matters and the Takeover Code, Listing Rules and AIM Rules.
You will also be encouraged to take an active role in business development initiatives, attending networking events and raising the profile of the corporate offering more generally.
The successful candidate will have trained and be practising with a highly respected law firm, preferably a city or national law firm. He or she will also have a strong academic background, achieving 2.1 or above at degree level.
The firm offers an exceptional career development programme for all its employees which helps to bring clarity of what is expected at each stage of your career as well as significant support to progress between stages.
We are instructed on a number of opportunities in Corporate so please do get in touch. Rest assured your application will be treated in the strictest confidence and that your CV will not be sent anywhere without your express consent