First Legal Counsel, Charity Sector
Great opportunity to make a difference as the first in-house lawyer for a charity which supports community and youth projects and services. Be part of an inspiring, dynamic organisation in a position which you can shape, working as part of a Senior Leadership Team.
This is a pivotal hands-on role working as part of a Senior Leadership Team and supporting the organisational across all its complex legal, compliance and regulatory issues. This will include:
- Establishing and maintaining structures and processes to ensure the organisation works within legislative, regulatory, governance and contractual requirements
- Procuring and overseeing external legal advice
- Training staff to work within requirements
- Advising across governance, contracts, employment, property, Health and Safety, charity regulations, grant agreements and GDPR
- Acting as a member of the Senior Leadership Team and contributing to the overall business strategy, working collaboratively on strategic development
We are looking for:
- A UK qualified solicitor or barrister with at least 3 years PQE*
- You will be a generalist as work is broad, you must have experience in compliance as well as relevant areas of law
- Prior in-house experience would be an advantage
- Prior experience with the charity sector would be a benefit but not essential
Package on Offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- 33 days annual leave
- Free gym membership
Our client will consider flexible working or compressed hours including home working for candidates who are also prepared to travel to the office 1-2 days per week.
If you are interested in this First Legal Counsel position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Jacqui Douglas. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch on 01539 446666.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.