Legal Business Partner
Legal Business Partner
One Year Fixed Term Contract
£45,500 - £51,500pa
London and Currently Remote
To provide legal advice and support to Comic Relief to enable it to deliver its charitable objectives and strategic objectives. Being an enabler of compliance with the law; informed risk-based decision-making; and protection of the brand.
- Advising on legal risk and opportunities (from strategic to day to day) in line with Comic Relief’s objectives.
- Provision of “end to end” legal advice.
- Drafting and negotiating fit for purpose contracts.
- Legal lead on strategic projects.
- Custodian of good risk-based decision making, with responsibility for making decisions on legal risk where within role scope; for making recommendations to Head of Legal & Assurance and/or stakeholders; and for escalations where appropriate.
- Providing good business partnering/stakeholder management to directorates within scope of responsibility.
- Where agreed with Head of Legal & Assurance, responsible for areas of specialist legal knowledge or skill within the team.
- Working with the Head of Legal & Assurance and team members to drive alignment and consistency of legal advice; compliance and assurance; process improvement; promotion of knowledge and best practice; legal training to the organisation where required; and effective use of external counsel and the legal budget.
- Be an ambassador for Legal and Assurance matters across the wider organisation, and for Comic Relief more generally when interacting with others externally on behalf of Comic Relief.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Qualified lawyer with excellent legal skills and knowledge, and relevant experience as an in-house lawyer.
- Collaborative team member, able to build strong relationships.
- Ability to take ownership - of issues, decisions and escalations.
- Solution oriented and pragmatic problem solver.
- Proactive, prioritises and delivers results.
To apply please visit our website via the link and apply online.
Role closes - 12:00pm, 10th Mar 2021 GMT (Europe/London)
Inclusivity at Comic Relief
We recognise diversity and inclusion are a source of strength in achieving our mission. We therefore welcome everyone, trusting what makes us different brings creativity, styles and experiences to help us collectively do our best work. That’s regardless of your gender, age, ethnicity, disability, religion, sexual orientation, and cultural identity. We especially welcome those from under-represented groups in modern grant-making and fundraising. We are on a journey, but if you join our team you will be part of a community that is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where we want you to:
- Be valued for being yourself
- Do your best work, and be supported to break down barriers so you can succeed
- Be heard, respected, and treated as an equal, whatever your level, experience or background
- Be part of a team that is committed to making this happen – with our colleagues, partners, and contributors.
Comic Relief is committed to preventing and protecting all people from harm in their interactions with us. We expect all those that act in our name to uphold our approach to doing no harm.