In House Lawyer
In House Lawyer
Upto £80,000 p/a
At Ardmore, we're currently recruiting for an In-House Lawyer to join our legal team, based at our Head Office in Islington, working under the support and direction of the Contracts Manager. This role has a strong focus on construction law, both contentious and non-contentious, and insurance law.
The position will support further growth of the business, we seek to recruit a 2-3 years' PQE (although those with more/less PQE will be considered) solicitor, to join the in-house legal department.
To be successful in this position, you will need existing construction law and insurance law experience, gained at a reputable law firm or equivalent in-house legal department. You will have sector experience including knowledge of construction projects and JCT contracts (particularly the JCT Design and Build Contracts and the JCT Standard Building Contracts) are essential.
- Review, report on and negotiate building contracts and ancillary documentation (including sub-contracts, consultant appointments, novation agreements, collateral warranties, performance bonds, parent company guarantees, confidentiality agreements, vesting certificates etc.);
- Provide legal and strategic advice on live projects and tender submissions;
- Provide support in relation to contentious construction matters (including applications for extensions of time, and reimbursement of loss and expense);
- Draft correspondence relating to live projects and completed projects (including to clients, supply chain, relevant authorities, and insurers);
- Provide initial advice, with external support where necessary, on other legal matters which arise; and
- Provide legal guidance and training sessions to colleagues
You should be comfortable dealing with a wide range of people across the business, whilst being comfortable acting autonomously in a commercial, fast-paced environment.
The Ardmore Group is one of the largest family owned construction companies in the UK. Although we have delivered across the UK, we are best known as London’s builder given our unrivalled reputation for delivering large scale residential, hotel and regeneration schemes in London since our creation in 1974.
Ardmore has been involved in hundreds of major projects across London, including landmark buildings that have shaped the face of the capital. We have established a major reputation for delivery of large-scale phased regeneration schemes. We were the first tier-one contractor at the Athlete's Village for the London Olympics and are lead contractor on two of London’s largest regeneration programmes in Lewisham and Greenwich.
In addition to our expertise in the residential sector we have extensive experience in delivering bespoke luxury hotel refurbishment schemes. In 2011, we completed the luxurious Corinthia Hotel, and followed that success by delivering two of the best new hotels in the world in 2017 at the Four Seasons, Ten Trinity Square and the Ned at Poultry.
As part of our recruitment process for all roles including employees, consultants and subcontractors, we collect and process personal data relating to job candidates and potential candidates.
We explain how we use personal information in the Candidate privacy notice". To view our Candidate privacy notice please visit the Ardmore Group website > Working for us > Candidate privacy notice.
Ardmore are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender, reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy or maternity.
Unsolicited CVS: in relations to speculative CVs received form providers without a prior assignment issued in writing by Ardmore's Recruitment team, no fee payable by Ardmore will apply