Education is a key practice area at this highly reputed full service firm and it is looking to build upon its success by the appointment of a further associate solicitor to add strength and depth to the award winning team.
The Education department advises a range of educational establishments, predominantly Independent Schools and Academies. Clients include a number of Charitable Trusts, charities, Multi-Academy Trusts (MATs) and Single Academy Trusts (SATs).
The successful candidate will have a solid grasp of the legislative framework for Independent Schools, including: The Education (Independent School Standards Regulations) Regulations 2014; National Minimum Standards for Boarding Schools; Education Acts.
You will also have an understanding of the legislative framework for Academies, including: Education Act 1996, School Standards and Framework Act 1998, Education Act 2002, Education Act 2005, Education and Inspections Act 2006, Children, Schools and Families Act 2010.
You will undertake a varied and interesting caseload advising Head teachers, Bursars, CEOs, Finance Directors, Senior Leadership, Trustees, Governors and School Business Managers on the following range of issues:
- Parental Complaints
- Equality Act 2010 and discrimination claims
- Special Educational Needs and Disability
- Academy conversion projects
- School inspections
- Drafting School Policies and Parent/School Contract documentation
- Governance and constitutional issues
- Compliance with regulatory requirements and statutory guidance
- How to conduct internal panel hearings
- GDPR and data protection
The role is very much client facing and you will also be encouraged to an active role in business development initiatives.
This is the perfect platform from which to carve out your future career in this fascinating area of law.
Rest assured your application will be treated in the strictest confidence and that your CV will not be sent anywhere without your express consent.
Apply for Education Solicitor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Employment Private Practice 4-6 Years jobs in Wiltshire
- Litigation/Dispute Resolution Private Practice 4-6 Years jobs in Wiltshire
- Public Sector/Local Authority Private Practice 4-6 Years jobs in Wiltshire
- Other Private Practice 4-6 Years jobs in Wiltshire
- General Employment Private Practice 4-6 Years jobs in Wiltshire