EMEA Legal is delighted to be exclusively retained for this exciting Legal Counsel opportunity with ATP Media.
ATP Media is the global broadcast arm of the ATP Tour and provides the centralised exploitation of worldwide media rights across the ATP Tour. With unrivalled access and expertise in the broadcast production of men’s professional tennis, the company delivers an end to end solution for global broadcasters incorporating host production and global delivery for the Nitto ATP Finals, Next Gen ATP Finals and ATP Masters 1000s plus world feed production and global delivery for the ATP Cup, ATP 500s and ATP 250s. ATP Media also operates Tennis TV, an award winning direct-to-consumer digital subscription streaming service featuring the ATP Tour. Most recently, ATP Media and the ATP have agreed a ground-breaking new joint-venture – Tennis Data Innovations – for the centralized management and exploitation of official data across the ATP Tour, for which ATP Media provides the day to day legal support and advice.
The role will report directly to the General Counsel and will involve working closely with both the General Counsel and Senior Lawyer at ATP Media. The legal team at ATP Media is considered an integral part of the business due to the ever changing nature of the sports and media legal and regulatory landscape and the ever more complex matrix of media and data rights that the company represents. The lawyer will be supported by Senior Management which recognizes the value the legal department brings to the company and will have an opportunity to work with all departments within the company to ensure the business is adequately represented and protected.
Role Purpose: to provide legal support to the General Counsel and Senior Lawyer advising across all aspects of the ATP Media business and certain aspects of ATP Media’s affiliate data business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drafting, reviewing and leading or assisting negotiations on:
- media rights agreements with global broadcast partners operating on a variety of platforms;
- data rights agreements for ATP Media and its affiliate data business with global betting companies and other entities looking to acquire official data;
- technical, facilities and service contracts relating to production and delivery of content for ATP Media and its affiliate data business;
- all contracts related to Tennis TV including licensing agreements, social media influencer agreements and platform hosting agreements; and
- general agreements for the business including NDAs, framework agreements, simple licenses;
- Assisting the General Counsel and Senior Lawyer with managing the company’s regulatory obligations including:
- advising on GDPR requirements for the business and specific data protection drafting for use in the suite of contracts that the company enters into;
- IR35 obligations the company may have noting its use of freelancers;
- General corporate governance to ensure ATP Media maintains a best in class corporate governance structure that is robust yet efficient; and
- advising on media, data, betting and commercial regulatory changes that may affect the business;
- Assisting the General Counsel and Senior Lawyer in managing and running commercial tender processes whether for rights sales or supplier services, notably by drafting RFPs;
- Advising a variety of stakeholders, internal and external, and working with all areas of the business; and
- Ensuring the team completes its annual training and professional development objectives.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Between 1 – 3 years PQE.
- Previous in-house experience (via permanent role or secondment) not essential but may be beneficial.
- Preferably City trained.
- Be confident and a self-starter able to use initiative.
- Have excellent drafting and negotiating skills whilst being highly commercially aware.
- Have a broad range of experience across both commercial and regulatory sectors.
- Experience working on the exploitation of sports media/data rights preferable but not essential.
- Ability to articulate complex legal matters to various stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Be personable and easy-going yet hard-working and driven to progress within the Company.
Please send your Application in the form of a CV and covering letter stating why this role is of particular interest to you and what you feel you could bring to ATP Media to Liam Taaffe at EMEA Legal to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EMEA Legal is exclusively retained on this role. All applications from third party or direct candidates will be forwarded to EMEA Legal for their consideration.
ATP Media is an equal opportunities employer. Evidence of current eligibility of entitlement to work in the UK will be required.
Job Title: Lawyer
Company: ATP Media
Reports to: General Counsel
Location: Esher, Surrey or South-West London
Salary: (depending on experience) plus benefits
Benefits: Private Medical Insurance
- Company pension contribution into a scheme of your choice
- Eye-care vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Bonus Scheme
- Investment in training and development
Apply for Legal Counsel
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly