In House Legal Counsel – Defence Sector
Join a leading FTSE 100 business at the forefront of technological development working on some of the world’s most exciting and complex engineering and technology programmes. An exciting chance to make your first move in-house and be part of a highly regarded legal team handling the highest quality and most challenging work.
Our client is seeking the best minds to support their business across international operations. This is a varied commercial role, encompassing a wide remit of work. The work is of a very high quality, complex and cross border.
- You will give practical legal advice to key stakeholders on business as usual and project matters
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of contracts (IT, IP, supply, distribution, confidentiality, procurement, JVs etc)
- Legal advice on health and safety matters
- You may also be required to provide support regarding M&A transactions, early stage disputes and ad hoc employment issues.
- UK qualified lawyer with at least 2 years post qualification experience*
- Experience of complex cross-border contracts
- In-house experience is an advantage including secondments
- Experience working with large, multinational clients, and projects is definitely a benefit
- A willingness to learn and develop in new areas of law is important
- You must be confident, robust and commercially astute
Package on offer
- Attractive base salary
- Car allowance
- Pension contribution 8%
- Share scheme
- Enhanced annual leave
Our client will consider flexible working including remote working with occasional office travel. Part-time working will also be considered.
If you are interested in this In-House Legal Counsel role, please send an up-to-date copy of your CV, to Jacqui Douglas. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch for a confidential chat on 01539 446666.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.