Assistant Contracts & Commercial Manager or Paralegal
Leading FTSE100 business at the forefront of technological development working on some of the world’s most exciting and complex engineering and technology programmes. Seeking a commercially astute and driven Assistant Contract & Commercial Manager to support and provide commercial services across the operational needs of this technology division.
- Reviewing, negotiating, and amending of standard T&Cs for government framework, collaboration, and teaming agreements
- Reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager
- Advising on contract law and intellectual property matters including development and licensing software products
- Supporting Supply Chain in the preparation of sub-contract terms and conditions
- Supporting the business development team, including the commercial review of the full suite of proposal documents
- Ensuring compliance and championing the appropriate internal governance
- Following receipt of the customer’s order ensuring appropriate contract launch held with external teams with input to monthly reporting cycle to ensure key contractual commitments met during project execution
We are looking for:
- Previous experience as a contracts administrator or assistant commercial manager within a similar sector e.g. engineering, technology or defence
- Strong understanding of contract law and experience drafting commercial T&Cs
- Professional knowledge of Commercial principles, techniques, and practices
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible, creative and bring innovative commercial ideas to help grow this business
- Knowledge of intellectual property including development, licensing, and software services agreement
- Government contracting experience
- Knowledge of UK Defence Sector
- International exposure
Package on Offer:
- Attractive base salary
- Competitive pension scheme
- Share scheme
- Enhanced annual leave
- Local discounts
Our client will consider flexible working including home working for candidates who are also prepared to travel to the office once or twice a week. This role can be undertaken either full-time, part-time, job share or with flexible hours.
If you are interested in this Assistant Contract & Commercial Manager position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Freya.firstname.lastname@example.org. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch on 01539 446666.
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR. Please contact us on email@example.com.