Versatile Corporate/Commercial Consultant Lawyer – International Development
Temp/Perm: Self-Employed Consultant
Full/Part Time: As required
We are looking for a versatile Corporate/Commercial lawyer with an interest in Finance and International Development to join our team.
MDY Legal is a unique multi-disciplinary practice specialising in structuring, establishing and managing successful, innovative, high value development aid and social impact initiatives. MDY Legal also provides legal services to Governments and international development organisations.
The main purpose of the role is to act as a Solicitor for MDY Legal, to advise on wide range of corporate/commercial and development finance matters in both transactional and consulting advisory roles and to support the aid programmes advised upon by MDY Legal and their corporate facilities. The main responsibilities of the job include:
- Provide corporate/commercial legal advice across a wide range of sectors and countries often working in multidisciplinary teams and with local legal advisors on a wide variety of corporate documents, including share subscriptions, board resolutions, shareholder resolutions, and constitutional documents.
- Provide advice to clients on financial transactions and on a wide range of financing instruments including grants, equity, debt and guarantees both in a developmental and a purely commercial context.
- Provide advice to FCDO and other funders of development initiatives on the design, structuring, establishment and implementation of a wide range of for-profit and not-for profit development initiatives with a focus on governance best practice and mitigation of legal risks.
- Provide advice in relation to the management and oversight of high profile cutting-edge multi-donor development financing initiatives.
- Provide advice on governance issues, draft and review governance documents and investment and operating policies and procedures in respect of a range of development financing initiatives.
- Manage and prepare draft documentation for the operation and funding of the clients including grant and other financing agreements, service agreements, non-disclosure agreements, powers of attorney, memorandum of advice/board papers, share subscription agreements and amendments thereto.
- Advising funders and sponsors as to the key stewardship issues that matter in respect of structuring, funding and oversight of development initiatives and, in particular in ensuring that funding is used as intended and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, that the risk of misuse of funding is minimised, that decision making is based upon robust foundations and that the initiatives are not stifled by bureaucracy.
- Working on and within the private sector led development “agenda”.
- Support our clients in all their activities and ensure their reporting requirements are fulfilled.
- Liaise with third party managers, auditors, corporate administrators, external legal counsel, tax experts as required.
- Coordinate amendments and updates to legal documents, policies and procedures and other documents.
- Assist MDY Legal to identify, track and pursue opportunities for the provision of the above types of legal advisory and consultancy work. Lead, draft and manage tenders in response to Invitations to Tender for consultancy programmes and projects. When awarded such work, manage the contracting of MDY Legal either as lead contractor or subcontractor. Manage the delivery of the legal advisory and consultancy services in accordance with all contractual requirements.
- Support the partners of MDY Legal in the development of MDY Legal’s legal and governance advisory and consultancy practice.
- Support clients with general enquiries as and when required.
- Assist MDY Legal with the establishment of additional corporate entities as and when required, assist with the restructuring/reorganisation, procurement and other activities of clients’ corporate entities.
A roadmap to equity partnership within MDY Legal will be considered for a candidate who can demonstrate the required combination of client care, technical, commercial and leadership skills.
How To Apply Or Find Out More
Please forward expressions of interest together with your CV via the application section below.
More searches like this
- Banking/Finance Public Sector Partner jobs in London (Greater)
- Charities Public Sector Partner jobs in London (Greater)
- Corporate Public Sector Partner jobs in London (Greater)
- Financial Services Public Sector Partner jobs in London (Greater)
- Insolvency & restructuring Public Sector Partner jobs in London (Greater)