Employment Lawyer 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Investec is a distinctive bank and wealth manager, serving a select client base mainly in two principal markets – the UK and South Africa. Our culture gives us our edge: we look for those with entrepreneurial thinking, and give them the freedom to share fresh ideas and build real relationships.
If you’re an experienced employment lawyer looking to work in a driven, fast-paced environment, across a variety of employment related contentious and non-contentious matters, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join our General Counsel Office, where you’ll be the subject matter expert of the team.
So, what will you be doing?
Reporting into the General Counsel, and with support from the General Counsel team, you will advise HR team and Management in relation to all contentious and non-contentious matters of employment law, such as:
- Employment contracts and policies
- Employee relations
- Employment claims
- All aspects of termination of employment
- Negotiated exits and settlements
- Any relevant litigation, mediation and dispute resolution.
While you will be the go-to legal counsel for employment-related matters, you will also benefit from the support and guidance of the General Counsel, in-house litigation counsel and other members of the Legal, HR and other relevant teams. We are a friendly, supportive and professional team who embody Investec’s core values.
What are we looking for?
- You will have approximately 3 years PQE in general employment law across a wide range of issues - ideally having worked in private practice
- You will have excellent commercial and analytical skills and the ability to apply them to achieve commercial solutions
- You will have the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Excellent communication , interpersonal, and drafting skills with the ability to foster strong client relationships
- A collaborative approach with the ability to build relationships, gain credibility and partner with others
- Ability to spot issues, get to the heart of the matter and articulate plans to address them
- Strong analytical and facilitating skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong attention to detail
- You will have excellent organisational and prioritising skills with the ability to manage multiple work demands
- You will be driven, with stamina and resilience in the face of demanding situations
- You will be proactive and positive with a strong team focus, and a collaborative approach
- You will be able to establish strong working relationships with your colleagues with the highest level of professionalism and integrity
- You will have an inclusive approach, and help foster a diverse and inclusive team and workplace.
More searches like this
- Banking/Finance In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Employment In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Financial Services In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Litigation/Dispute Resolution In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Employee Benefits In-House 4-6 Years jobs in London (Greater)