Do you want to work to make Power for Good?
We’re the world’s largest independent renewable energy company. We’re driven by a simple yet powerful vision: to create a future where everyone has access to affordable, zero carbon energy.
We know that achieving our ambitions would be impossible without our people. Because we’re tackling some of the world’s toughest problems, we need the very best people to help us. They’re our most important asset so that’s why we continually invest in them.
RES is a family with a diverse workforce, and we are dedicated to the personal professional growth of our people, no matter what stage of their career they’re at. We can promise you rewarding work which makes a real impact, the chance to learn from inspiring colleagues from across a growing, global network and opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our competitive package offers rewards and benefits including pension schemes, flexible working and top-down emphasis on better work-life balance. We also offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell five days per annum, enhanced family leave and four volunteering days per year so you can make an impact somewhere else.
To provide legal advice and support to relevant teams within RES working with other members of the legal team and the General Counsel and reporting to one of the Legal Directors.
You will cover all aspects of construction and Support Services work, including drafting and negotiating turnkey EPC contracts, turbine and supplier agreements and operations agreements. Occasional travel in the UK and Northern Europe may be required.
You will primarily assist/support the construction teams within RES Northern Europe but will also work with other teams including the Support Services, development, commercial and technical teams. You will liaise with and collaborate with other members of the RES legal team, in particular the relevant Legal Director.
- Manage a varied caseload including; construction contracts, turbine agreements, asset management agreements, operations & maintenance agreements, ad hoc agreements such as confidentiality agreements, consultancy agreements, etc.
- Assist members of the construction team with contract administration during the construction phase.
- Assist other members of the Legal team in complex project transactions.
- Draft agreements and negotiate terms.
- Partnering with external legal advisors, ensuring value for money, quality and consistency of service.
- Review documentation, identifying and reporting on potential risks.
- Assist with the negotiation of transactions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the English legal system.
- Understanding of construction and infrastructure projects.
- Will have trained at a respected firm or company.
- Work confidently and pro-actively in a team and independently.
- Approaches work with diligence and attention to detail.
- Previous in-house experience is not essential but you are an excellent communicator with the ability to work with a range of commercial and technical personnel, sharing a genuine interest in RES’s business and vision.
- +2 years to +4 PQE required.
- A strong construction background.
- Experience in other areas of law would be beneficial although not essential.
- Ideally, you will have experience of working in the renewable energy industry.
- Qualified lawyer, admitted to practice law in the UK.
- Strong academic credentials.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.