Professional Support Lawyer (6 month FTC)
LexisNexis is currently hiring - looking for experienced lawyers (solicitor, barrister or practical support lawyer) with specialist experience in the below practice areas to support the Lexis®PSL teams.
- Dispute Resolution
- Derivatives & Capital Markets
- Public Law
- Information Law / TMT
You will focus on maintaining and developing existing content as well as creating new content for Lexis®PSL to contribute to its online practical guidance, know-how materials and current awareness offering to take account of the changes that will be implemented in light of Brexit.
- Delivering core practical guidance content such as practice notes, precedents and Q&As
- Developing new content and maintaining existing content to a high standard technically and editorially
- Monitoring information sources to identify and report on relevant news and updates regarding legal developments
- Working closely with the current awareness team to produce a leading current awareness offering
- Working proactively with other Lexis®PSL practice areas and the wider business where it is relevant to do so
- Contributing ideas for the development of technical solutions with our product teams, to ensure that we are delivering guidance in the most efficient way possible.
- Keeping up to date with relevant developments
- UK qualified practitioner (solicitor, barrister or practical support lawyer) with ideally 5 years+ PQE
- Specialist experience in dispute resolution OR banking and finance OR public law OR information law / TMT
- Excellent legal knowledge both technically and in the practical application of applicable laws and procedures
- Ability to communicate complex legal and procedural concepts and their practical application concisely, clearly and in Lexis®PSL’s tone and house style
- Demonstrable experience of drafting legal advice on substantive and procedural issues, precedents, updates on key developments and/or other legal know-how
- Deep understanding of the legal community and market including the technical and practical needs and pain-points of dispute resolution practitioners
- Excellent research, organisation and planning skills and a strong drive and ability to meet challenging objectives and deliverables
- Inspires and motivates: is enthusiastic and inspires colleagues and other departments in the organisation such as sales, marketing, content acquisition, product development and editorial operations to deliver a market leading content offering.
- Customer focus: demonstrates ability to proactively seek market feedback, identify themes, interrogate these and turn them into innovative content/product solutions. Inquisitive in approach, does not take feedback at face value and is driven to produce the best solution for the market.
- Initiates and leads change: is able to assist the Head of the Group to initiate and lead change across the Group to deliver market leading content solutions.
- Takes risks: seeks out innovative solutions across the Group, unafraid to try different solutions to deliver a market leading offering.
- Communicates authentically: both internally and externally about the content set and the overall strategic direction of the LexisPSL offering.
- Qualified lawyer (5+ years PQE): with comprehensive knowledge and extensive experience in delivering advice to clients.
- Excellent technical legal input: broad practical experience of all matters in their specialist practice area.
- Strong business development skills: with substantial gravitas, and the ability to engage with law firms and in-house customers.
- Strong analytical skills: a keen eye for detail - the ability to communicate legal concepts concisely and clearly, as well as the ability to interlink these concepts seamlessly across the content contained in the Information Law and other PSL modules.
- Clear, succinct writing style: with the ability to adapt to the LexisNexis house style.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills: evidence of being able to deliver to tight and demanding timescales on multiple projects.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.
More searches like this
- Banking/Finance Professional Support 7+ Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Information Technology Professional Support 7+ Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Litigation/Dispute Resolution Professional Support 7+ Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Public Sector/Local Authority Professional Support 7+ Years jobs in London (Greater)