Global engineering group seeks an experienced Commercial Manager to work in a complex projects environment.
- Working as part of UK projects teams supporting major projects, you will deliver a professional commercial and contract management service at all stages of the project lifecycle;
- This is a customer facing role and managing these relationships is key to the position;
- You will also manage relationships with partners and suppliers;
- Implement commercial management tools including Change Management;
- Negotiate complex contracts;
- Evaluate Variation Orders and amend contract documentation;
- Manage the Risks and Opportunities Process and databases;
- Oversee dispute resolution and claims management with clients and suppliers;
- Monitor compliance in Project Execution.
- Degree in engineering, law or business; or a qualified Lawyer or QS
- Minimum of 5 years* professional experience in Contract or Commercial Management in project execution
- Handled document control, reporting, drafting, negotiating and claims management
- Practical experience in developing business proposals
- Sound knowledge of contract law and business accounting
- Exposure to the engineering, technology or technical services sectors a benefit
- Strong interpersonal skills, a robust nature and the drive to succeed
- Prior experience in people management a benefit but not essential
- You must be a team player and able to evidence this
Flexible working including home working can be offered.
If you are interested in this Commercial Manager position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, to Jacqui Douglas. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch for a confidential chat on 0153 944 6666.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.