Conflicts and AML Analyst - London
An international Law firm is looking to strengthen their Compliance team by adding someone to their Conflicts and AML team, Initially on a 6 month FTC contract.
This will include conflict of interest searches for legal and commercial conflicts, anti-money laundering processes for new and existing clients, on-going client monitoring, sanctions checks and other risk management procedures.
- Reviewing new client and matter forms ensuring satisfactory details are provided by the Case Handlers and querying instances where information is either incomplete or unclear.
- Analysing the new client and/or new matter to determine the risks associated with the instruction.
- Conducting conflict checks using the firm's conflict database paying close attention to sensitive entries in the firm's Black Book database.
- Analysing conflict search results and liaising with Partner/ Case Handler on the matters that may present a legal or commercial conflict. Obtaining relevant information on the matter, if required, in order to make a judgement call on whether a conflict or potential conflict is present.
- Escalating conflict issues to the Team Leaders, Head of BAU, Risk Lawyers and General Counsel as appropriate with clear analysis of the conflict and the conclusions reached so far.
- Proactively following up when seeking information or conflict resolution from other stake holders around the firm.
- Maintaining and updating the conflict search database as key information becomes apparent on existing matters.
- Assisting in the research and implementation of information barriers by working with the Risk Team as matters are created, safeguarding confidentiality at all times for the involved teams.
- Recording all conflict research, communication with stake holders and analysis and conclusion of the conflict resolution in the firm's client and matter inception software, for the purposes of compliance and auditing.
- Researching, identifying and verifying new clients by using online data providers and any other online resources.
- Analysing and establishing the corporate structure for clients where relevant and tracing up to the ultimate beneficial owners.
- Advising Case Handlers on further details that are required from the client in the event that information is not available in the public domain or documentation is required on identified individuals.
- Researching and identifying PEPs and high risk clients by creating an online profile.
- Attributing a risk rating to the client and escalating the client to the Team Leader, Head of BAU where a decision needs to be made upon analysis of documentation and risk.
- Seeking sign off from MLRO's and Risk Partners when required and advising the Case Handlers
- Assisting in the on-going monitoring for existing clients and updating CDD for existing clients.
- Recording all AML documentation, communication and risk rating in the Client Risk Assessment section of the client and matter inception software, with a clear synopsis of how the client rating has been attributed stating any mitigating factors and follow up steps that need to be taken by the BAU or Case Handlers.
The ideal candidate would have gained knowledge from a previous role in either:
- SRA rules including conflicts of interests and knowledge of case law on conflicts of interest.
- Anti-money laundering legislation
For a confidential chat about this or other roles please contact Matt Pollard in the Jameson Legal London office. Matt.firstname.lastname@example.orgJameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.