My client, a multinational construction services and engineering company, is looking for a Legal Counsel to join their team in London. The role will involve providing non-contentious construction advice and risk management to the Group, with a particular focus on the Engineering arm.
This company is in a high-growth phase, and has a dynamic, fast-paced and agile culture.
- Negotiating and drafting amendments to:
- Main, sub-contract and consultant terms
- Letters of intent
- Collateral agreements (warranties)
- Novation agreements
- Bonds and parent company guarantees
- Emphasis on building and maintaining relationships whilst protecting the company's interests;
- Ensuring that legal risks are identified, understood and communicated to Business Units and project teams;
- Ensuring that unrealistic levels of risk are not accepted and that high risks are minimised;
- Providing high quality contractual support and advice to Business Units;
- Supporting Business Units and site teams in relation to contractual issues e.g. extension of time, loss and expense applications, notices of default/determination;
- Management/administration of disputes with clients, sub-contractors and consultants, including; negotiations, adjudications, administrations, liquidations, aged debt recovery;
- Claims administration
- 5PQE (all candidates will be assessed on merit);
- Non-contentious construction knowledge and experience is essential;
- Good communication, organisational, time management and workload management skills;
- Desire to help the business achieve implement its strategy and achieve its objectives;
- Self-confident and professional;
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic team player who can be an approachable point of contact for all commercial employees;
Please reach out to Aleisha.email@example.com for more information, or to apply.