Senior Global Fund Distribution Lawyer - Major Asset Manager
Highly regarded and prestigious asset manager seeks a senior funds lawyer with distribution experience to manage a small team. The successful candidate will work very closely with all members of the Investment Managers International Distribution Legal team on supporting the firm’s global distribution activities for its fund ranges currently domiciled in numerous jurisdictions and marketed around the world.
The successful candidate will provide senior leadership on global distribution issues including: i) providing internal support to members of the Legal team (e.g., creating and maintaining training materials and template agreements, working to ensure consistency among the team with regard to negotiation of distribution agreements, monitoring regulatory developments and working with other members of the team on ensuring proper understanding of local market practices), and ii) serving as the legal expert and senior point of relationship contact person for other support teams on certain regulatory developments impacting our distribution activities (e.g., rebate and distribution fee developments), iii) manage support and develop junior members of the team as applicable.
The successful candidate will also work closely with other members of the legal team to ensure the legal team contributes effectively to the success of the firm and will also be responsible for efficiently supporting the firm’s business, monitoring risks and addressing regulatory and legal concerns. Such work will include, among other things, ongoing review of processes, procedures, disclosure documents, use of technology, and working relationships with other teams to continually consider whether improvements can be made, efficiencies gained, risks lowered, client satisfaction increased, etc.
Other responsibilities for this role will depend upon the candidates experience and interest as well as the firm’s needs. The successful candidate will be
• Admitted to practice law in a jurisdiction relevant to the role.
• Strong, 10+ years of experience in the global investment management industry with particular expertise in global fund distribution issues
• Substantial Product manufacturer and a third party distributor/ Platform distribution agreement experience including rebate arrangements for retail and institutional funds, including UCITS and AIFS in numerous markets around the world including , Asia, the UK and Europe.
• Experience working with management and the provision of senior level advice and guidance.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.