Tax & Trusts Associate - 4 PQE+, Berkshire
New! - our client are a leading Legal 500 firm with an excellent reputation for their stellar Private Client practice who frequently lead on high-profile, and high-value, matters including complex estate administration; offshore trusts; tax concerns and wills and probate issues. Due to growth, a unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced Tax & Trusts specialist to join their Chambers-rated private client team in Berkshire and play an integral role in the future development of the practice.
You will ideally have a minimum of 4-5 years experience and have trained with a highly regarded city, regional or national firm with excellent academics. This is a genuine opportunity to progress your career with a top-tier practice and work with leaders in the field. Whether the end client require advice on legal and tax structuring for business and investments, family and business governance, tax and estate planning, or, help with a vulnerable person, the firm deliver tailored solutions to meet a specific need.
- Sound and solid background in wills and probate with experience of running independent caseloads
- Strong technical competence and intellectual ability (STEP qualification preferred)
- Confident and personable approach, with excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- A proven ability to work effectively as part of a team, providing a role model for others to follow, to supervise others and to delegate effectively
- An understanding and appreciation of the value of high levels of client care
- Demonstrable experience of managing relationships with colleagues (including those in other legal disciplines) and third party introducers of work
- Flexible outlook with an ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- IT literate (you will receive training on our Practice Management System, Peppermint and Document Management System, iManage)
- Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this role, including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
A significant volume of the work is for HNWI so any previous experience advising related clients would be an advantage. You can expect to advise a number of family offices and international families as to their ongoing affairs and international trust structures, including private trust company structures.
You can also expect to work closely with a number of business families advising on existing structures set up for the management and governance of the family business, its interaction with family trusts and associated estate planning measures.
An excellent financial package is on offer + career progression.
To apply, please submit your CV via the link below or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org