In-house Commercial NQ
In-house Commercial Solicitor - Leeds
Our client is a large international company and market-leading industry name. It has an established high-quality in-house legal team and is looking to recruit a Commercial Lawyer to support the Head of UK Legal and UK legal Team with ongoing general commercial, procurement and privacy matters. The role will involve supporting a busy procurement function with negotiating material supply contracts for all aspects of the UK business (including but not limited to IT, telecommunications, vehicle leasing and facilities management).
Particular facets of the role include:
- Reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements (term, framework and outsourced models, whether UK specific or part of wider global structures) in relation to a wide range of products and services to include facilities management services, office and site resources and equipment (both physical and digital), finance/travel/HR shared services and sub-contract frameworks supporting commodity category strategies.
- Ensuring that corporate governance and corporate policy (whether defined at a global or regional level) are maintained in relation to contract approvals.
- Supporting the management of contractual and commercial risk through the provision of commercially oriented and solution focussed legal advice.
- Advising on aspects of data protection/privacy law to include data processor and data controller obligations under GDPR and DPA 2018.
- Drafting and reviewing data processing and sharing agreements for client and supplier facing activities, including under SCC/model clauses.
- Providing data protection contracting support in the onboarding and reassessment of suppliers.
- Supporting EMEIA General Counsel and the Data Protection Officer on ad hoc queries regarding the GDPR and Data Protection generally.
The ideal candidate will be a NQ commercial lawyer ideally with commercial and data protection experience gained as a trainee solicitor and the desire to work in a busy, progressive legal team. Such experience would ideally have been gained working in another quality in-house function or as a solicitor within a law firm known for its high-level commercial and privacy work.
On offer is an excellent salary and benefits package whilst working for a progressive, forward-thinking company who places a great deal of emphasis on a work-life balance.
The role will be based in Leeds.
Please contact Terry Cape on 07979 494938 or email@example.com for more information.
More searches like this
- Company/Commercial In-House Newly Qualified jobs in West Yorkshire
- Information Technology In-House Newly Qualified jobs in West Yorkshire
- Intellectual Property In-House Newly Qualified jobs in West Yorkshire
- PPP/PFI/Commercial projects In-House Newly Qualified jobs in West Yorkshire
- Data Protection In-House Newly Qualified jobs in West Yorkshire