Legal Counsel - Payments
- Experience Level
- Mid Level
About the Role
Working as part of a collegiate global legal function, the Legal Counsel will be playing a key role in the development of the Digital Wallet products and services that the business is launching. The day-to-day remit will include:
- Providing commercial and regulatory legal advice across both the UK and European business units
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts including cardholder T&Cs, as well as agreements with card programme managers
- Advising the business on the new product development and launches
- Instructing and managing external legal counsel across a variety of territories
- Liaising with key stakeholders to provide commercially-focused legal advice on a range of day-to-day issues and strategic projects
The position requires a qualified solicitor (either UK or equivalent Commonwealth jurisdiction) with at least 3 years' PQE, although applications from all levels will be considered on merit. Ideally you will have had previous experience in the payments sector but if not, at least a track record of working on financial services regulatory matters. The expectation is that you will have trained and qualified at a well-recognised city law firm.
You must possess the ability to think commercially and the creativity to come up with solutions to satisfy multiple stakeholders, often working to extremely tight deadlines.
This hiring process requires a quick turnaround so anyone on more than one month's notice in their current position cannot be considered. Ideally you will be immediately available.