Legal Counsel 1+
Legal Counsel 1+ PQE or experienced NQ considered
The Legal Function of this organisation is highly regarded and multi-faceted. What is key is the personality of the individual and their ability to work with stakeholders at all levels. As the General Counsel said no two days are ever the same due to the diversity of the work on offer.
The function is known for its use of technology and is recognised as a leading in-house legal team.
You will be expected to hold significant degree of responsibility and will be required to interact with a diverse team of stakeholders from C-suite to IT. Even as a Junior Legal Counsel this flat structure ensures that that highest quality of work goes to lawyers at all levels.
What you will be expected to do:
- Advising on a range of commercial, data protection and broader legal issues.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts and other legal documents.
- Managing and contributing to projects within the Function and the wider Society.
- Advising on existing contractual agreements.
- Working with external counsel and outsourced service providers.
- Advising on other areas of law as required.
- Developing, implementing and updating relevant legal policies and guidelines.
Our client is interested in the person not necessarily the specialism. Ideally you will have had solid Private Practice training in a Commercial area. Lawyers in the team come from a variety of specialisms from Shipping to Banking! What matters is energy and personality. You will become a rounded in-house lawyer with general counsel expertise. Ideally you will be 1+ PQE and ready to learn and begin an exciting journey. The quality of work is second to none and this is certainly a great place to start your In-house career for those in Private Practice or continue for lawyers who may feel they have become contract churners. This is far from that - you will be exposed to matters from IT, Regulatory, Insurance, and Data Protection alongside general commercial matters.
A solid package is on offer including 28 days holiday and bonus. An excellent pension that increases as service does.