In-House Legal Counsel – First Move In-House
Exciting opportunity to make your first move in-house and join a market leading multi-national group.
Our client is seeking to appoint a Legal Counsel to work as part of a legal team supporting the business on international operations. This is a varied commercial role, encompassing a wide remit of work. The work is of a very high quality, complex and cross border.
- You will give practical legal advice to key stakeholders on business as usual and project matters
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of contracts (supply, distribution, confidentiality, procurement, JVs etc)
- Legal advice on health and safety matters
- You may also be required to provide support regarding M&A transactions, early stage disputes and ad hoc employment issues.
- UK qualified lawyer with at least 3 years post qualification experience*
- Our client is open minded as to the specialism and background of applicants due to the broad nature of the role and will train new recruits accordingly. You may be working in a contentious or non-contentious environment, however experience in complex, high value commercial contracts are preferred
- In-house experience is an advantage but not necessary. Secondments or experience working with large, multinational clients, and projects is definitely a benefit
- International exposure would be beneficial but not essential
- A willingness to learn and develop in new areas of law is important
- You must be confident, robust and commercially astute
Our client will consider flexible working.
If you are interested in this In-House Legal Counsel role, please send an up-to-date copy of your CV, to Jacqui Douglas at email@example.com. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch on 01539 446666.
*All candidates will be considered on merit