Legal Director - Superstruct
Superstruct Entertainment – Director of Legal & Compliance
*Pure Search have been exclusively retained by Superstruct to appoint a Director of Legal and Compliance*
Superstruct Entertainment, a London based global platform of premium live music festivals, is looking to bring legal capability in-house for the first time. The successful candidate will be a key player in a small team and will report into the senior leadership of the Group. The role provides an opportunity to have a significant impact upon the development of a private equity backed platform in the interesting and fast paced music festival sector. The Director of Legal & Compliance will play a pivotal part in corporate transactions as well as implementing consistent legal & compliance standards across the Group.
Founded in 2017, Superstruct Entertainment is a live entertainment platform backed by Providence Equity Partners.
The vision of Superstruct is to not only become a pure-play global festival operator but also to provide its portfolio of festivals with additional support, both through investment in each business and in growing their various revenue streams while retaining their entrepreneurial drive, culture and independence.
The company is led by CEO James Barton, the former President of Electronic Music at Live Nation and the founder of Creamfields (one of Europe’s leading festivals). Providence Equity is the leading global investor in the Media, Entertainment, Communications and Education industry and has significant experience in the live events sector.
As a Director of Legal & Compliance, you will be part of the Superstruct team based in London as the “go-to” person on legal matters. You will be expected to become a trusted adviser to the board and senior management team. Besides your day-to-day interactions within the Superstruct team, you will also be working closely with both the teams at the operating companies and the Providence team. This role involves a broad remit to support the business. Your responsibilities will fall under three main headings:
1. Corporate Law
2. Commercial Law
What we are looking for:
1. Qualification & Experience
• Law firm training with a high tier practice;
• 5-10 years post qualification experience;
• Commercial and corporate legal experience, ideally within an international environment
2. Skills & Knowledge
• Strong commercial acumen and ability to deliver high-quality business-focused solutions in a dynamic marketplace;
• Experience of managing projects or transactions using external law firms;
• Strong communication skills and advanced ability to interact and influence key legal staff at local OpCos as well as outside law firms to ensure a consistent approach across the Group;
3. Other Requirements
• Comfortable taking decisions on legal issues and living with the consequences of those decisions;
• Given the pan-European footprint of Superstruct, occasional travel will be required;
• European languages (beyond English) and cultural curiosity are a plus in light of the pan-European footprint of Superstruct;
• Flexibility and strong work ethics to deliver on at times demanding projects of transactional nature
For more information please contact our exclusively retained consultant Jonathan Cartwright of Pure Search on email@example.com
All third party applications will be forwarded to Pure Search for review.
Apply for Legal Director - Superstruct
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly