Intellectual Property Lawyer, In-House (London)
Our client is a reputable FMCG business with an international offering. There is a strong need to bring Legal Counsel into the legal team with a focus on contentious and non-contentious intellectual property matters alongside an ability to broadly gain complimentary commercial transactional skills, working as part of the legal team.
Offices are in Central London. This role reports into Head of Legal.
You will be a Lawyer whose experience broadly covers non-contentious intellectual property matters with some experience in contentious matters.
- Support the business in relation to intellectual property law including the protection, commercialisation and enforcement of patents and rights to confidential information.
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements and transactions associated around joint development agreements and intellectual property licences.
- Work closely with Head of Legal to advise the business in relation to intellectual property strategy.
- Provide advice to the legal team and wider business with respect to any associated risk in relation to intellectual property.
- Work with external counsel when required.
- Be willing to provide legal support to the business as and when required.
- A qualified Lawyer in England & Wales or other commonwealth law jurisdiction with UK experience. You may be a European qualified Lawyer who has UK experience.
- Have post admitted experience, a minimum of 3-5+ years, seeking a role with responsibility.
- Experience working in either private practice or in-house.
- Speak Spanish, French or Italian.
- Have intellectual property experience in non-contentious matters with some experience in contentious matters too.
- Have rights to work and live in the UK permanently or without restriction of a visa. This position will not provide sponsorship.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to be highly organised.
Our client is committed and motivated to speak to suitable prospects and explore this opportunity further. For a confidential discussion please contact Donna Rosenberg on firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a mutually convenient time to speak.
All applications and conversations are in the strictest of confidence. Thank you in advance for your interest in this position.Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.