UK Senior Legal Counsel
Kry (operating as Livi outside of Sweden) is Europe’s largest and leading digital healthcare company. We use technology to move consultations and healthcare management online and provide a service that gives the patient the best possible health care experience, regardless of location.
Our headquarters are located in Stockholm but we have a strong presence in the UK and a large team in London. We also have international offices across Europe in France, Germany and Norway and we recently expanded our Livi Connect product to Italy, Spain, Netherlands and Poland, as well as the US and Canada.
We are now looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to enhance our vibrant Legal Team by providing assistance to the group, with a key focus on the UK business.
The Legal Team operates across a wide range of legal disciplines and partners with all teams around the group to assist on a range of matters including international expansion, product development, and commercial projects. We don’t just need a great lawyer, we also need a lawyer who is able to innovate, solve problems and proactively look for solutions in our challenging mission to revolutionize healthcare within Europe. Most of all, we need someone who believes in what we do and wants to help make it a reality!
What you will do:
- Work closely with the UK business to provide legal as well as strategic advice relating to various transactions / partnerships / agreements etc.;
- Work with the General Counsel and other members of the legal team to provide advice on global projects and various legal issues;
- Review and analyse regulations relating to digital care, tenders etc;
- Review marketing materials, update T&Cs based on legal requirements and product changes;
- Draft and negotiate contracts with partners;
- Draft employment contract templates, lease contracts, company policies etc.;
- Provide internal training sessions on various legal aspects;
- Review product functionality and design to ensure compliance with applicable law and regulations within healthcare industry; and
- Create and improve processes throughout the entire group.
Who you are:
- You have qualified as a UK lawyer.
- Minimum 8 years relevant working experience as in-house counsel and/or from reputable law firm.
- Strong knowledge and skills in a range of legal areas including commercial law;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Strong organizational skills and time management;
- Pragmatic and commercial approach;
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable good relationships to be built around the business;
- Ability to travel abroad for approximately 2 days each month; and
- Have experience of working in a high-growth, owner-operated or venture capital backed business and/or experience of working in multinational companies or organizations with global operations.
It is a great advantage if you:
- Have any experience of the healthcare industry, however, this is not a requirement;
- Experience from working both as an in-house counsel and in a reputable law firm; and
- Speak Swedish and/or another European language but this is not a requirement.
We believe that in order to thrive at Kry you must:
- Enjoy working in a diverse and entrepreneurial setting;
- Have a genuine interest in healthcare and believe in our vision;
- Be proactive and don’t fear to work hands-on and operational;
- Have an analytical mindset with attention to detail; and
- Be able to handle a high workload and short deadlines with ease.
You will be a key member of the Legal Team and report to the General Counsel, who is based in Stockholm. You will be based in our office located in London together with many fun and ambitious colleagues.
This is your chance to work for a meaningful company that encourages personal development and celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.
We offer a unique opportunity to gain a broad and deep understanding of the inner working at Europe’s leading digital healthcare provider. We value grit and a can-do attitude; there is a long and challenging journey ahead of us. You are brave enough to set high goals and then work passionately to achieve them. Last, but not least, we think you believe in that by working together we will achieve greater things than by working alone. At Livi we care about each other and the world around us. Expect to have fun and learn new things every day!
Please submit your application by including your CV, LinkedIn, GitHub or Portfolio.