Lawyer (3+ years’ PQE) for Global Trading Company, City
Our client is an established online derivatives trading company with 13 offices globally. This company offers trading across a range of markets encompassing indices, commodities, cryptocurrencies, FX and equities.
We are now looking for a mid-level lawyer who must be available at short notice to join the company as Legal Counsel, for a 6-month fixed-term contract initially.
The role itself is broad and will encompass:
- drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts (terms of business, IT, outsourcing, marketing, market data);
- general in-house advisory and project work;
- advising and supporting the wider global business and offices. This will involve cross-border matters such as assisting with the expansion of the business, opening of new offices and ensuring the business is compliant with local law and regulations.
As and when necessary, the successful candidate may have to deal with regulatory matters and documentation pertaining to the derivatives/trading arena, but experience in this area is not a pre-requisite.
We are looking for:
- a UK qualified solicitor with at least 4 years’ PQE who is available at short notice. Non-UK qualified solicitors will be considered if they have a proven track record of working under UK law;
- strong commercial contracts experience in both drafting and negotiating;
- demonstrable experience dealing with data protection matters;
- previous in-house experience – ideally from a relevant financial services institution.
The successful candidate will also be adaptable and energetic – someone who can work autonomously when needed but enjoys working as part of a team and has the drive to succeed in a fast paced and dynamic business.
For more information please contact:
Matt Bloxham: email@example.com 07900 692209
Due to a high volume of applications we will only respond to those we deem suitable for the role.