Junior Lawyer (NQ+) for FTSE 250 FinTech, City of London
Our client is a global leader in the fintech space within the online derivatives trading and stockbroking sectors. A global leader in retail trading and investments, they offer an execution-only share dealing service and fully managed investment portfolios which provide a comprehensive offering to investors and active traders.
With offices across Europe, the US, Australia, Japan, Switzerland, Singapore, U.A.E., and South Africa, they are now looking for a junior lawyer to join their growing legal team, based in their London HQ.
As the lawyers in this team are not pigeon-holed into certain areas, this is an excellent opportunity for a junior lawyer to acquire breadth in their practice by supporting all areas of the business:
In this role you will:
- Draft, review and negotiate documentation such as commercial contracts, IT contracts, engagement letters and marketing agreements;
- Deal with IP related matters, litigation and financing;
- Engage with corporate work, both internal and external e.g. assisting with the expansion of the business and advising on any new initiatives;
- Investigate the regulatory framework to open new offices or offer services in new territories, and deal with any cross-border matters;
- Assist with ad hoc projects.
We are looking for candidates that:
- Have recently qualified, or are due to qualify this August/September from a Magic/Silver Circle or top City law firm her in the UK or the Commonwealth;
- Have a corporate, commercial, regulatory or financial services focus in the current practice or training contract.
Coming with an ‘open mind’ and ‘learning on the job’ is very much part of this role, but knowledge of the financial services sector and regulation would be welcome.
We are looking for someone with a strong academic background. The successful candidate will be a team player and self-starter with the drive to succeed in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic business.
In return our client offers an excellent total compensation package, training and support from day one, and the opportunity to form part of a collaborative and well-respected legal team.
For more information please contact:
Matt Bloxham email@example.com , 07900 692 209
Due to a high volume of applications we will only respond to those we deem suitable for the role.