BayWa r.e. renewable energy GmbH is responsible for activities in the field of renewable energy. We develop, realise, advise on and provide support for projects around the world in the areas of solar, wind and bioenergy. In addition, we offer operations management and plant maintenance as well as wholesale photovoltaic components, energy trading and renewable energy solutions for corporations.
To support our teams in the EMEA region in their international M&A activities as well as in their offshore wind activities, we are looking for a Legal Counsel (m/f/d) Renewable Energy (Focus Offshore), based in our regional hubs in Munich (Germany), Madrid (Spain), Edinburgh or Glasgow (Scotland).
- Advise on international M&A activities, particularly assist in due diligence and deal structuring and provide drafting in relation to LOI, MoU, mandate letters, NDAs, Exclusivity Agreements, APAs, SPAs and SHAs.
- Manage all legal affairs in support of advancing BayWa r.e.’s offshore wind development efforts including:
- drafting and negotiating development agreements, cooperation agreements, partnership agreements, joint venture agreements, SPAs and SHAs;
- evaluating and navigating the regulatory landscape;
- preparing projects for tenders for leases as well as PPAs/government support schemes.
- For all activities:
- procure, manage, and review legal advice provided by external law firms and manage legal budget;
- manage all corporate and legal documentation and ensure compliance to group policies as well as development of best practice.
- Report to Global Director of Legal in Munich, Germany and Commercial Director of Offshore Wind.
- 5+ years PQE UK qualified lawyer.
- Transactional experience (international M&A/corporate, capital project procurement, project financing) preferred, project development and property experience also valuable.
- A combination of law firm and in-house experience working preferred.
- Highly capable in negotiations and contract drafting as well as some experience of resolving disputes.
- A background in international offshore wind highly valuable.
- English native speaker preferred.
- Self-motivated, multi-tasker able to lead and support varied teams in terms of experience and location.
- Hands-on and able to see the broader strategic / commercial path as well as a deep understanding ofrelevant transactions and documents.
- Able to assist and support colleagues without micro-managing. Willing to roll up your sleeves and work alongside team to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines.
- You are technically and digitally inclined
- Mobile working
- Flexible working hours
- Modern office atmosphere
- Company restaurant / Barista bar
- Discounted Conditions Fitness
- Discounted Online Shopping
- Smartphone, also for private use
Your contact / How to apply?
Please click the below red 'Apply' link to apply for this job.
We look forward to your application!
If you have any questions about the job offer, please get in contact with us.
Ms. Sibylle Faller (HR Specialist)
+49 89 383932 5950