Corporate Solicitor/Partner - Cambridge
My client is a highly profitable ‘Top 200’ UK law firm. The firm now wishes to recruit a senior corporate M&A solicitor/partner to be based from the Cambridge office and to work closely with firm’s London corporate and commercial team.
The firm’s corporate and commercial team is rated as ‘Top Tier’ by the Legal 500. The head of the team, an equity partner, is listed in the legal 500 ‘Hall of Fame’ and the 2018 edition of ‘The Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom for Corporate Finance Law’. The team predominantly works with private limited company and owner-managed businesses and a high proportion of the work carried out by the team is M&A transactional work.
The firm is highly-regarded with leading reputations both for its work and for its lead practitioners in the fields of corporate and commercial law. It sees itself culturally as non-hierarchical, consultative and team-based.
It has well-established offices in Cambridge and London.
This role provides an exceptional opportunity for you as a corporate M&A solicitor or partner to further develop your skills and reputation and to take a leadership role. The growth of the corporate practice is core to the firm’s business plan.
The Corporate and Commercial Team
The firm’s corporate and commercial team has been responsible for a number of key M&A deals in the wider Cambridge area and East Anglia in recent years.
The Corporate & Commercial team specialises in mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganisations and drafting/advising on a wide range of business contracts. The Legal 500 2019 rates them as a first-tier firm for Corporate & Commercial work.
The team currently consists of ten lawyers and is looking to grow.
Ideally you will possess the following attributes:
- 10 years or more PQE;
- significant experience in corporate transactional and commercial work, with a passion for this area of work;
- a willingness to work with the firm to develop this part of its business and with a desire to move into the Cambridge area or relocate or commute;
- a proven track record in forming longstanding relationships with clients;
It is likely you will also:
- have a strong belief in delivering excellent client service;
- be able to prioritise workloads whilst remaining resilient under pressure and competing demands;
- be self-motivated and capable of working to deadlines;
- enjoy building relationships across teams and locations and be able to do so quickly as a confident yet approachable individual;
- possess strong communication skills, a flexible approach and the ambition to help the firm to grow the Cambridge practice.
This law firm is committed to rewarding its people well, so you will enjoy a high salary and generous bonus, in addition to a comprehensive package, including matched pension and a number of other benefits.