Dispute Resolution and Insurance Associate London UK
Dispute Resolution and Insurance Associate London UK (1-4 years PQE)
Location: Central London, UK
Duration: Maximum 12 Month Fixed Term Contract (Maternity Cover)
We are seeking a junior / mid-level associate to join our disputes and insurance practice from December 2019. We advise on insurance, risk management and commercial dispute resolution and arbitration, and work closely with the firm’s award winning tier 1 trade and export finance team.
The office currently comprises 4 partners, 7 associates and one of counsel. We are a small, friendly close knit team combining work-life balance with high quality work.
The candidate will assist one partner directly and work extensively with banks, insurance brokers, investment funds, government agencies and corporations on disputes, insurance claims and the commercial insurance arrangements that support structured trade, commodity and pre-export financing.
You will assist in drafting and interpreting insurance policies and advising in relation to a wide range of cross-border commercial disputes arising from non-payment and professional negligence insurance policies and contractual claims. The work is extremely varied and intellectually stimulating.
A successful candidate will need to:
- be a qualified lawyer with an excellent academic record;
- demonstrate experience in insurance and commercial dispute resolution;
- consistently maintain a proactive, mature and commercial approach;
- be an independent self-starter comfortable with handling a range of matters with appropriate supervision;
- have outstanding interpersonal, organisational, and communication skills;
- have excellent technical legal knowledge and drafting ability.
A basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel will be useful.
For additional information regarding this position, please direct inquiries to:
Sullivan & Worcester UK LLP
+44 (0)20 7448 1022