Newly Qualified Solicitor
We have a unique opportunity for a Solicitor to join our Legal and Regulatory team in an in-house Legal Counsel role. This role ideally suits a Solicitor with 0-3 years PQE. You’ll take a leading role in ensuring we have the appropriate contracts in place with the Society’s customers and suppliers, whilst working closely with the Legal and Regulatory team to provide a first class legal service to the organisation.
What to expect? No two days will be the same; this role offers a broad variety of activity ranging from all aspects of general contract law, 3rd Party Management, Data Management, dealing with queries across a broad range of legal areas including Probate and Conveyancing and working on projects where you’ll be contributing and providing guidance as a subject matter expert.
This is a perfect role for someone starting their career as a Solicitor; you’ll develop a broad skillset within an in-house role where there is plenty of opportunity to stretch and develop your knowledge and experience. You’ll join a fantastic, reputable team with a supportive leader who has developed an excellent team-working culture across their function.
The role –
- Assist the Senior Legal Counsel and Company Secretary to provide a proactive and comprehensive legal service and assurance to the organisation
- Ensure that appropriate contracts are in place with all the Society’s customers and suppliers
- Support the Third Party Management Framework and Policies for Supplier Management
- Involvement in ad hoc projects contributing in meetings and providing subject matter expertise
Your skills –
- Fully qualified solicitor
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Good decision-making with an ability to exercise sound judgment
- A team player! Collaboration is key
- A drive to resolve problems and articulate a solutions focussed approach
The Nottingham, who are we?
We strive to build a culture where you feel inspired to do the right thing for our members, your colleagues, our communities and for the sustainability of our Society. Our Doing The Right Thing culture defines the way we do things here. We encourage team members to always do the right thing for our Society members, for colleagues and for our communities.
The Nottingham Building Society is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees where it is safe to speak up.
Please visit https://www.thenottingham.com/careers/ to find out more about all the great benefits of working at The Nottingham!
Please note that if your application is successful with The Nottingham you will be required to undergo background checks. All offers of employment are conditional on receipt of 3 years references and a satisfactory Financial and criminal records check.
Please read our job applicant privacy notice on our website which can be found at https://www.thenottingham.com/careers/career-opportunities/ to find out more information on the data we hold and collect from you, including what we do with that data, who we share your data with and your rights under Data Protection Regulations.
More searches like this
- Banking/Finance Public Sector 1-3 Years jobs in Peterborough
- Corporate Public Sector 1-3 Years jobs in Peterborough
- Financial Services Public Sector 1-3 Years jobs in Peterborough
- Intellectual Property Public Sector 1-3 Years jobs in Peterborough
- Private Client Public Sector 1-3 Years jobs in Peterborough