Regional Corporate Counsel
JELD-WEN is a leading global manufacturer of doors and windows, headquartered in Charlotte, USA, and with sales revenue of $4.35bn in 2018. The company has over 100 facilities across 20 countries with approximately 23,000 employees worldwide and 13,000+ customers.
Within Europe they have over 30 facilities across 12 countries, with 7,000+ employees.
They are now seeking Regional Corporate Legal Counsel to head the legal function across Europe. The role will be based in their Solihull, West Midlands headquarters.
This newly created role is a critical addition to the senior management team in Europe and will focus on establishing the legal support structure across Europe.
The Regional Corporate Counsel is generalist in-house role and will involve handing a variety of legal and commercial matters key objectives of the position include:
- To deliver support for all legal matters including negotiating contracts, litigation, intellectual property, compliance, property, corporate and governance issues.
- To drive forward compliance activities led by other team members in one or more areas of responsibility (e.g. competition, fraud, privacy and GDPR)
- To work with the commercial teams to deliver effective commercial relationships to grow the business, to determine and mitigate key risks, advise on marketing strategies, campaigns and customer communications, working as required with key legal and regulatory specialists
- Advise on applicable laws and regulations, monitoring EU and UK legislative and judicial and regulatory activity which impact relevant areas
- Engaging with and effectively managing external lawyers
- Ensure adherence with all compliance standards and operate with integrity at all times
- To coach and engage the European regional teams to further develop their legal knowledge and competency in the business
You will be a generalist in-house lawyer a true General Counsel with a minimum of 8 years PQE with at least 5 years in an In-house Legal Counsel function. You will have the ability to turn your hand to a wide variety of matters and be a self-starter.
The ideal candidate will have the skill to work on an autonomous basis with the business gravitas to influence at all grades. You will have the talent to work at a strategic level but still have the desire to roll your sleeves up and get involved in day to day matters.
A pragmatic and organised approach is key to making a success of this role.
This is a pan-European role with the opportunity for travel across 15+ Countries in Europe including Scandinavia, Central, and Eastern Europe. A competitive package is on offer for the right candidate.
This role is exclusively retained to Neelam Morris at BCL Legal all direct and third party applications will be forwarded to them.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.