Interim Senior Legal Counsel
Our client provide energy supply, energy management, power generation and metering services to business consumers from SME businesses to some of the largest corporate/ industrial consumers in Great Britain.
This role has a wide-ranging brief to support strategically important areas of the retail energy business, picking up a wide range of work but primarily focusing on providing support to Business Solution's customer facing team, both for supply and metering contracts and the energy solutions space, where various contracts are offered to help large business customers make the most of the growing flexibility in the energy market, including demand side response, complex metering, private wire arrangements and power purchase agreements. You'll be providing (or manage the provision of) high-quality, relevant and timely advice on legal matters. You'll be passionate about getting things done to ensure we deliver to our customers in line with our legal obligations and goals.
Qualified solicitor or barrister or non-UK equivalent with relevant post-qualification experience
- Experience in the energy industry is essential to understand the complex arrangements that will need to be negotiated
- Relevant legal skills required to meet key role accountability including in particular, proven legal judgement and reasoning.
- Application of legal professional expertise and knowledge.
- Ability to communicate and apply legal issues in a relevant, pragmatic and business focused way.
- Experience of working directly with customers engaged in a commercial, fast changing regulated environment.
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to establish effective internal and external relationships.
- Ability to innovate and think constructively.
- Proven ability to manage a challenging and fast paced workload, prioritising where appropriate.
- Demonstrates awareness of business and company strategy and policy and regulatory and political environment.
Excellent Day rate
3-6 duration initially with potential to extend
Lovely legal team who are supportive and collaborative