12 month FTC, Commercial Lawyer, 3+PQE, Belfast
An experienced commercial lawyer is required for a contract of 12 months with a leading consulting firm. The role will be based in Belfast and will involve working with the business on intricate contractual and complex commercial negotiations as well as assessing and understanding how business risks can be managed and/or alleviated. Often these contracts will relate to the technology sector.
Many of the commercial matters you will be advising on will include an international element and relate to the technology sector.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and negotiating engagement contracts and MSA framework agreements
- Reviewing and drafting NDAs, proposals, engagement letters and sub-contracts
- Working with the business on intricate and complex commercial and technology related legal matters as well as assessing and understanding how business risks can be managed and/or alleviated
- Developing commercial and practical solutions for the business to facilitate excellent client service whilst managing business risk
- Supporting internal teams in their advice to senior management on general legal and risk management matters
- Advising on, and assisting in, determining and negotiating guidelines and policies
The successful candidate is likely to meet the following requirements:
- Be a qualified lawyer in England & Wales or other commonwealth jurisdictions
- Be a qualified lawyer with upwards of 3 years' experience in negotiating complex commercial and technology contracts in an international context
- Have gained their experience in leading City practices or In House
- Possess the ability to manage a demanding workload efficiently and responsively
- Be experienced in dealing with, and managing, senior management and stakeholders
- Have an awareness and interest in risk management
A competitive daily rate is on offer for the successful candidate. The business is also open minded in its approach to agile working once candidates have integrated themselves within the team and built a rapport with management and stakeholders.
Whilst the role is based in Belfast, there may be the need for occasional trips to London.
This opening represents a fantastic opportunity for a commercial lawyer to take their career to the next level in a collaborative and innovative market leading accountancy practice.
Please apply with your CV to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence.
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.