An opportunity has arisen for a Trademark Paralegal to join a tier 1 Brand Management team at a Top 50 law firm.
The firm work with a range of leading international clients and have built a strong reputation acting in high-profile trademark protection and enforcement matters. The firm operates in a wide variety of different sectors from fashion to betting and gaming, where they support the full life cycle of their clients’ Brands.
As the successful Trademark Paralegal, your role will be to support the highly esteemed Brand Management team, which is made up of Partners, Associates, Trademark Attorneys and Paralegals. The team are looking for an experienced paralegal who will be able to hit the ground running and work well within their dynamic structure.
The key responsibilities of the Trademark Paralegal role will involve pre-filing, prosecution, deadline management, disputes and renewals:
- Pre-filing trademarks
- Preparing and filing trademark applications
- Monitor status of applications in electronic diary and pro-actively engage with local attorneys.
- Respond to objections and prepare and file Extensions of Time and reports of publication, Registration as required
- Whole trad mark portfolio management
- Review and interpret all correspondence for relevant deadlines and add/review appropriate deadlines and reminders
- Actively managing renewals
The key requirements for this Trademark Paralegal role are:
- At least 1 year’s previous trademark experience from a trademark or private practice law firm
- Someone who enjoys a busy work environment
- Experience with all aspects of trademark and design formalities work
- A keen eye for detail
- Thorough understanding of trademark processes in UKIPO, EUIPO, WIPO and international
- CITMA Paralegal qualification would be beneficial
This is a rare opportunity to join a highly esteemed Brand Management team and work directly with the head of the department. To be considered for this Trademark Paralegal role and for a more extensive job description, please submit your CV.