Consultant Partner or Executive Director Legal – Prime Advocates
Prime Advocates is a legal, business and ESG consultancy that is paving the way for positive social change. We provide general and transactional legal services, business consultancy and develop ESG and impact strategies. We work with a variety of corporate clients but primarily focus on those who are passionate about making an impact or supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We are uniquely structured as a not-for-profit law-firm and consultancy, which means all of our profits are applied to support our impact programmes.
Using our legal, financial and business acumen, our impact programmes help social enterprises flourish both within the UK and around the world. We run a business accelerator for female social entrepreneurs, a scaled industry legal pro bono support platform, a business school social entrepreneurial incubator and a vocational training academy for international standard garment fabrication and artisan growth in Ghana, West Africa.
Partner level advisor with some network looking to undertake meaningful work within the realm of structured finance. Entrepreneurial, intellectual curiosity and a passion for finance and sustainability. This role is ideally suited for a senior lawyer, who is not driven (nor needs to) maximise their personal revenues, yet want to be at the for front of responsible investment, impact investment and social enterprise.
Tasks will include using your legal expertise and transaction management expertise in areas such as: commercial contract; corporate finance, formations; human resources; equity finance instruments (like share purchase agreements); NDAs; fund structures; hedge fund finance and trading agreement negotiation; custody terms; and term financings (i.e. loan agreements).
You’ll apply your skills, experience and expertise, to support not-for-profit, social enterprises, and for-profit organisations flourish with “positive purpose”.
The role will also involve (as all staff are involved with) working on one or more of our four prop impact main programmes, Women of Impact, Social Finance Hot Desk, the Osei Academy and the I-SEN platform.
We are looking for a self-starter with a collaborative and highly organised approach. The ideal team leader will demonstrate a passion for impact finance (and potentially disruptive tech too). You will need to be able to engage and work with a wide range of stakeholders from a variety of different sectors. You should possess an entrepreneurial spirit. You will need to be able to piece together complex and overlapping issues to be a part of developing practical and effective solutions. Yet, be comfortable developing and managing key C-suite level corporate relationships and working with senior managers.
We seek a solutions’ driven partner level entrepreneurial lawyer, excited about “leveraging professional services for good”. Necessary functions to effect this outcome may include:
• Group proactive strategy support
• Drafting of corporate commercial investment transaction documentation or general corporate legal documentation
• Act as a point of contact on legal commercial client legal matters and Prime’s impact programmes, to include case management, taking instructions and giving advice or managing more junior lawyers to do this
• Legal and general advisory research
• Drafting and finalising client advisory memorandum
• GC legal and commercial support
• Undergraduate degree in law, preferably 2:1 or above (if undergraduate degree in an area other than law must have completed conversion course)
• Held senior management legal role or partner appointment
• Own client practice area: corporate, finance, funds, private equity, commercial contract etc.
• Qualified and practicing lawyer
• Familiarity with UK and EU commercial law and international requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Personable and approachable, with an ability to build trust
• Bright, self-motivated and driven
• Passionate about supporting social enterprise
• Clear sense of personal responsibility
• Articulate, with good presentation skills
• Reliable, flexible and cooperative
• A proven ability to multi-task and work both autonomously and within a team
Terms & Conditions
Salary: Nominal & brand technical development opportunity
Start Date: ASAP 2019
Contract Length: Full time or Part-time
Location: This role is based in our offices in central London; however, the role may require occasional travel.
To apply please send your cover letter and CV via the Apply Section below.