Professional Discipline / Regulatory Lawyer -London - 3+PQE
A distinguished firm in the provision of legal services to the healthcare sector is expanding their Professional Discipline Team. The firm are looking to bring on board a lawyer with upwards of 3 years' experience to join their team in handling professional discipline/regulatory matters.
Candidates with experience in handling professional discipline/regulatory matters relating to the health sector would be of particular interest, however candidates with a background in criminal litigation, civil litigation and clinical negligence who have an interest in moving into the area of professional discipline/regulation will also be considered.
The team is regarded as a market leader in the field of professional discipline and is ranked within the legal directories. They act for many regulatory bodies, predominantly in the health sector, but they are also expanding this remit to other professional regulators.
The successful candidate will manage an investigatory caseload involving allegations of impaired fitness to practise through misconduct, health issues or competence, and will prepare cases for hearings before panels and committees of the appropriate regulators. Cases involve varied and challenging matters covering (but not limited to) large scale fraud, inappropriate sexualised behavior and clinical failings involving multiple patients. There is also the opportunity to be involved in professional discipline and regulatory matters relating to legal professionals.
You can expect to carry out the day-to-day conduct of the regulator's cases under the supervision of a partner and with the support of a paralegal.
The successful candidate should:
- Be a qualified solicitor in England & Wales or another commonwealth jurisdiction
- Possess upwards of 3 years' experience
- Hold experience in either professional discipline/regulatory matters, or civil litigation, criminal litigation or clinical negligence and have a genuine interest in moving into the realm of professional discipline/regulatory
- Have obtained their experience in a relevant private practice, regulatory or public body
- Be solutions focused with a strong attention to detail
- Be looking to further their career in a market leading firm
This represents a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to embed themselves within a market leading team, gain exposure to incredibly high calibre work and work with autonomy whilst having the guidance at hand if required.
Please apply with your CV to Jennifer.email@example.com in confidence.Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.