M&A Corporate Counsel
Our client is the UK's largest provider of business-critical software and services to the UK accountancy and payroll sectors. Their solutions are delivered as a choice of integrated on-premise software and cloud-based applications. They serve over 21,000 Accountancy Practices and more than 80,000 SMEs, corporates, and payroll bureaus across a wide range of industry sectors.
The Legal Counsel is responsible for providing assistance and support on the legal, company secretarial, procedural and regulatory issues arising from the Company's routine operation.
Some of the main responsibilities include:
* Provide competent and timely general legal advice across all levels across the business to include:
1. Compliance with relevant legislation and regulation;
2. Prepare, draft and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts including: Software, IT, consultancy, marketing, and NDAs and provide legal advice in relation to such contracts.
3. Litigation management and settlement with external legal support
4. Provide legal support in relation to business development, sales, promotions and advertisements.
5. Assist with corporate/IP/Property/Employment law matters.
6. Assist with corporate governance and compliance matters.
7. Assist with M&A/Competition related activities
8. Liaising with external lawyers
* To assist with the design, drafting implementation and communication of enhancements and amendments to existing and future customer terms and conditions.
* To monitor new law relevant to the business
* To work with the other functions to ensure that there is a coherent and seamless delivery of legal services across the business.
* Qualified solicitor who maintains up to date professional knowledge and expertise of the profession generally
* Exceptional relationship management, both internally and externally
* Excellent communicator
* Has a committed and energetic, but professional and objective approach to informing, motivating and persuading others
* Uses initiative and proactively looks for ideas and solutions, whilst also able to give constructive advice
* A great influencer
What's in it for you? We believe in creating a culture of engagement and reward to develop employee potential and offer long-term career success. So, what can we offer you?
* Generous holiday allowance
* Private medical healthcare
* Life assurance
* Competitive pay and bonus scheme
* Complimentary benefits, including Bike to Work, Childcare Vouchers and discount schemes