Counsel, Data & Privacy
Legal Counsel, Data Privacy, London - Revolut
Founded in 2015, Revolut is one of Europe’s fastest growing fintechs. Revolut offers banking services including a prepaid debit card, currency exchange, cryptocurrency exchange and peer-to-peer payments.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a Counsel to join Revolut’s Legal Department to be our primary data privacy legal advisor. This role will report directly to the Head of Legal. This is an exciting opportunity to take ownership of our global data privacy framework.
What you'll be doing:
- Implementing and monitoring the policies and procedures for all things data protection including: drafting GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 compliant data protection policies, building out processes involving subject access requests, preparing legitimate interest assessments and implementing data breach reporting policies and procedures.
- Working closely with global Regulatory Compliance Managers and legal counsel to ensure these policies and procedures are followed globally.
- Providing advice on the management and resolution of incidents involving personal data, including advising on decisions as to whether to notify regulatory authorities.
- Liaising with key internal (e.g. Legal and Risk) and external (e.g. Regulators, advisors, vendors, partners etc) stakeholders as required.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 3+ years PQE as a private practice lawyer dealing with financial services at a leading international law firm and preferably some in-house experience.
- Deep knowledge of GDPR and other data privacy regulations and the ability to apply commercially.
To apply for this position email your CV to Rebecca Shirazi at Revolut via