Interim Legal Counsel
Acting as a business partner to the company's German businesses, the role is to support the General Counsel Europe in the provision of legal and compliance advice, to ensure that the businesses manage contractual, legal, compliance and business risks appropriately and in accordance with applicable law and company policy. With a primary focus on commercial and compliance work, the nature of the businesses means that the work will be of an international and diverse nature.
The role is an interim assignment for 6 months, ideally based in the West Midlands, but with some flexibility for remote working.
We are looking for someone to start ideally as soon as possible and the position is a full time role.
Remuneration will be subject to experience and my client consider a day rate option or a fixed term contract option.
- Supporting the General Counsel Europe to provide guidance on legal, compliance, commercial and business risks for German businesses.
- Providing legal guidance and support on all types of commercial contracts and contracting matters, supporting the German businesses with completing quotation/contract approval requests in line with Divisional Standard Operating Procedures ("SOPs") and guidelines.
- Providing legal guidance and support in relation to the compliance programme covering anti-bribery and corruption, trade compliance and competition law.
- Promoting good practice in terms of contract management processes and intellectual property protection.
- Ensuring good corporate governance and assisting with statutory corporate changes.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a legal capacity, preferably in an international organisation in-house.
- Fluent written and spoken German & English.
- Ideally UK or German qualified solicitor
- Previous experience working as an in-house legal counsel.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a team member with excellent communication skills.
The ability to establish, maintain and influence effective working relationships with the senior management team, other key stakeholders and with external customers.
- Good presentation skills and able to communicate effectively to large audiences as well as to senior company officers.
- Willingness to travel.
- Strong attention to detail.
Excellent opportunity to work with a world leading business.