The role is based in Hammersmith, London and reports to the Head of Legal. The role will provide commercial and regulatory legal support to the OGM group and will involve an interesting and varied range of legal work, including drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, regulatory and gambling related compliance, marketing and promotional review, international development, bespoke projects and getting involved in the wider aspects of the business.
OGM (Oddschecker Global Media) is an iGaming publishing group with a team of over 150 motivated and hardworking individuals based across the globe. We are part of the worlds’ largest listed gaming business, following The Stars Group Acquisition of Sky Betting and Gaming in 2018.
OGM comprises five affiliate brands (Oddschecker, PokerNews, CasinoSmash, AssoPoker and PubliPoker) and a digital media agency (VIME) with offices in the UK, Barcelona and Lithuania, and products operated in regulated markets across the world, including in the UK, USA, Australia and across Europe.
OGM is a market leader in the gambling affiliate space with Oddschecker being the leading name in odds comparison globally, and PokerNews being the world’s largest poker and live reporting content publisher. The UK online gambling industry has been one of the fastest growing and technologically innovative sectors over the last 5 years and OGM has been at the centre of this. Our current focus is on product innovation and international expansion.
Your key responsibilities will include…
· Preparation and negotiation of commercial contracts
· Reviewing and advising on marketing promotions and advertisements
· Advising on compliance and regulatory issues relating to UK and international betting and gaming laws and licensing
· Advising on data protection laws and compliance
· Advising on day to day legal queries from the business
· Advising and assisting in responding to customer complaints
· Advising on legal and commercial risks, potential impacts and proposing creative solutions
· Seeking and co-ordinating input where necessary from external legal advisors
· Ad hoc projects as they arise
· Assist in developing and maintaining precedent documents and internal processes
We need someone who is…
A lawyer with 2-4 years PQE who has received training from a city law firm or in house team. Highly motivated and pro-active, with excellent attention to detail and an ability to find sound commercial solutions to challenging legal and commercial issues. Able to organise, prioritise and plan effectively as well as having a desire to learn and develop. Able to work autonomously while still being a great team player, with strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build rapport and establish trust at all levels.