Health & Social Care Law Solicitor (Interim)
A leading national commercial law firm is seeking an experienced Lawyer to join their Health & Social Care Law team on an interim (and permanent) basis.
* This firm is a market leader acting for public sector clients including local and central government organisations, housing and health & social care providers
* The Health & Social Care team operates from 4 offices across the country so and there is flexibility as to where this role is based
* The team provides services including litigation/case handling in the following areas:-
-- Court of protection
-- Human rights
-- Mental health
-- Patient safety
-- Serious incident response
-- Complaints and disputes
-- HSE/CQC enforcement
-- Challenges to decision-making
-- General clinical practice
* Conducting Advocacy (such as at Inquests) will be a large part of this role, therefore, the ability to travel across the country to attend hearings on a regular basis is essential
* You will be working within a fast-paced team on a stimulating mix of cases
* This recruitment forms past of a growth plan in this area for this company, as it is an increasingly busy area of law and there are exciting plans for the team's expansion and development of employees knowledge and skills in this area
* This company can be very accommodating in terms of its flexible/remote working policy - scope for significant home working from anywhere in the country, available
* Role is due to start ASAP but can wait for the right candidate
* Initial contract term negotiable, depending on candidate - but approx. min 6 - 12 month contract preferable
* The firm acknowledges that this role requires a niche skill set so is open minded to consider all potentially relevant experience
* You could be a Solicitor/Legal Executive with this specific experience having worked in a Health & Social care/Medical Law position in private practice previously
* You could be a Barrister whose primary experience lies in Court of Protection/Regulatory work with significant Advocacy/Inquest experience
* You could have worked for an NHS Trust/other Public Sector body providing Defendant legal advice on these types of matters
* You could have a Clinical/Medical Negligence background with some other relevant experience and a keen interest to develop your skills in the area of Health & Social Care
* You will either be able to pick up an existing caseload of files and operate with minimal supervision, or you will be keen to learn and adapt and take instructions/support from the wider team
Remuneration - This law firm can be flexible in terms of its remuneration and can offer Hourly/Daily rates or a Salary, DOE and to suit the candidate.
This firm is recruiting on a Permanent basis as well so that anyone interested in this opportunity on a Permanent basis should also get in touch. Potential Temp to Perm position therefore also available for right candidate.
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.badenochandclark.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy